24-hour Service Available!
Registered with the U.S. Passport Agencies

Damaged Passport

Passport Renewal
Watch video

Keeping your passport in good condition is a must-do as you cannot travel internationally if your passport has been damaged or mutilated. Unfortunately, sometimes “things happen” and your passport does become damaged – and has to be replaced. Though you may have gone through the passport process before, you probably remember that it was quite tedious and sometimes confusing. U.S. Passport Online will provide you with an assigned case manager to assist you in completing the process of replacing a damaged passport. We help you along from start-to-finish so that your passport arrives in good condition as quickly as possible. Our private couriers are registered with the passport agency and we offer a secure website to ensure safe registration and delivery of your documents.

If you have a mutilated or damaged passport, review and follow the checklist below. Once you have decided on the service you need and placed an order with U.S. Passport Online, you will be contacted by an personal case manager who will help you negotiate the process.


Damaged or Mutilated Passport Replacement Requirements:

You will need to complete the damaged passport replacement process if:

  1. You have an existing, unexpired U.S. passport
  2. Your passport has significant damage, particularly to the cover or identification information
    1. Water Damage
    2. Torn Pages
    3. Fire Damage
    4. Unofficial markings on data page
    5. Hole Punches
    6. Missing (torn out) Visa Pages
    7. Other Injuries
  3. A passport that has “normal wear” such as minor bends from pocket carrying or fanning of visa pages is still usable and does not need replacement

If, however your passport is not lost or damaged, and has expired, you will need to apply for a passport renewal.

Please proceed to the child’s passport page if you are under the age of 16

3 Easy Steps to Passport Damage Replacement

Step 1:

Choose your service

We offer a different selection of services depending on how fast you need replacement for your damaged or mutilated passport:

  • 1 business day
  • 2 – 3 business days
  • 3 – 5 business days
  • 5 – 7 business days
  • 7 – 10 business days
  • 10 – 14 business days
Step 2:

Checklist for replacing a damaged or mutilated passport

For your convenience we provide you with a Lost / Stolen / Damaged Passport Checklist to help keep track of documents you will need to be issued a new passport.

  1. Complete DS-11. Complete the form DS-11 and print two copies.
  2. Travel Itinerary. Print two copies of your travel itinerary if you have one for an upcoming trip. The date of printing must match the date of the DS form completion. If you have any questions, please contact your case manager.
  3. Passport Photo. You will need to supply two new copies of identical passport photos. Your passport photo must meet all of the government requirements (2x2 inches in size on a white background. Headware may be warn for religious purposes only, only prescription glasses may be worn). If you are wearing headware or glasses, a letter must be provided with an explanation of the reason(s). Professional photos are best and may be taken at any passport photo location (FedEx, Kinkos, USPS, instant photo locations etc.)
  4. Authorization Letter. An Authorization Letter which designates us as your agent, allowing us to act on your behalf to expedite your passport name change. Please provide two copies.
  5. Proof of Identification. Print two copies of your driver's license or any other federal or state-issued photo ID. Photo ID needs to be valid and issued six months or older. Photocopy both the front and back of the ID.
  6. Proof of US Citizenship. Provide an original state-issued or certified copy of your birth certificate, consular report of birth certificate abroad, certificate of citizenship or certificate of naturalization. All original / certified documents will be return with passport. No short forms or abstracts of Birth Certificate o photo-copies of documents will be accepted.
  7. Government Fee. A check or money order, payable to the “U.S. Department of State”, of $170 must be provided along with the documents you are submitting. Temporary checks are not acceptable. You must pay a separate execution fee of $25 when signing your DS-11 form.
  8. Acceptance Agent/Sealed Envelope. You must present all materials at an approved acceptance facility to be executed by a federal official known as an Acceptance Agent.
Step 3:


Please do not ship your documents to the address provided on the Government form, the shipping address will be provided to you by your case manager once you have placed your new passport order. Once you have arranged for shipping, please call us at 855-681-0890 to confirm your reservation. If you have any questions and/or concerns, during the process, please contact us by phone or email for assistance.