24-hour Service Available!
Registered with the U.S. Passport Agencies

Change or Correct Name on Your Passport Fast

Passport Renewal
Watch video

Maintaining a current and accurate passport is a must-do if you are an international traveler. If you have legally changed your name due to marriage, divorce or for other reasons, you will need a passport name change as international regulations require that all of your identifying documentation matches precisely. Even if you have gone through the passport process before, changing the name on your passport can seem like a complicated process. U.S. Passports Online provides individual case managers to help you negotiate the process in a timely manner. We will help you avoid the long lines and confusion that is common with the passport name change process. We can also help expedite the service so that you receive an up-to-date passport as quickly as possible with a minimum of pain. We offer passport agency-registered hand-carriers and a secure website to ensure safe transmission and delivery of your documents.

If your name has changed since it was issued, review and follow the checklist below. Once you have decided and placed an order with U.S. Passport Online, you will be contacted by an individual case manager who is assigned to guide you all the way through the process.


Passport Name Change Application Requirements:

You will need to complete the passport name change process if:

  1. You have an existing, unexpired U.S. passport that was issued less than 1 year ago
  2. You have legally changed your name and have obtained legal documentation of a name change since the passport was issued

If, however your passport was issued more than 1 year ago, you will need to apply for a passport renewal.

Please proceed to the child’s passport page if you are under the age of 16

3 Easy Steps to Passport Name Change

Step 1:

Choose your service

We offer a variety of services depending on how quickly you need the name on your passport changed:

  • 1 business day
  • 2 – 3 business days
  • 3 – 5 business days
  • 5 – 7 business days
  • 7 – 10 business days
  • 10 – 14 business days
Step 2:

Checklist for changing the name on a passport

For your convenience we provide you with a Name Change Checklist to help keep track of documents you will need to be issued a passport with your new legal name.

  1. Complete DS-5504 or DS-82. Ds-5504 should be completed if your passport is less than 1 year old. DS-82 should be completed if your passport is more than 1 year old. Only ONE form should be completed.
  2. Travel Itinerary. Print two copies of your travel itinerary. The date of printing must match the date of the DS form completion. If you have any questions, please contact your case manager.
  3. Passport Photo. You will need to supply two identical passport photos. Your passport photo must meet all of the government requirements (2x2 inches in size on a white background. Headware may be warn for religious purposes only, only prescription glasses may be worn). If you are wearing headware or glasses, a letter must be provided with an explanation of the reason(s). Professional photos are best and may be taken at any passport photo location (Kinkos, FedEx, USPS, instant photo locations etc.)
  4. Authorization Letter. An Authorization Letter which designates us as your agent, allowing us to act on your behalf to expedite your passport name change.
  5. Documentation Required for Name Change. An Original or Certified Copy of marriage certificate, divorce decree or court order which allowed for legal name change must be provided. Photocopies will not be allowed.
  6. Current Passport. Include current, original passport in good condition. If passport is damaged or mutilated, you will need to apply for a new passport.
  7. Government Fee. A check or money order, payable to the “U.S. Department of State”, of $60 (DS-5504) or $170.00 (DS-82) must be provided along with the documents you are submitting. Temporary checks are not acceptable.
Step 3:


Please do not ship your documents to the address provided on the Government form, the shipping address will be provided to you by your case manager once you have placed your new passport order. Once you have arranged for shipping, please call us at 855-681-0890 to confirm your reservation. If you have any questions and/or concerns, during the process, please contact us by phone or email for assistance.